Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oh. My. Gosh.

well.... Its here... I am to be a colorful lady tomorrow, and my picture is my base layer... not the stuff ill be flinging (safely) into the streets. My dad decided on the 1st half. We picked up our bibs friday night and had a glorious feast with family and friends. 

Today we drove the course... umm those hills... ya... okay... let you know tomorrow. I ran one mile along boathouse row, it was really nice. My dad said if he has learned anything training it is to REST when it says REST on his training schedule, so no run for him.

My dad got a kick out of the timing chip "toe tag" and figured that this was to make it easier for the people scooping all the runners off the streets of philly and throwing them in the wagon.

Anyways.  I was jittery all day. Am jittery now. I can't believe this is here... and its this cold. Tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day! Since I just got off night shift for the last 6 weeks, I've been waking up at 4am pretty consistently, so tomorrow should be nothing. Got breakfast all laid out.  I am going to try to sleep. Cab's coming at 6am! Thanks to all for your support!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I will have no problem seeing you tomorrow! LOL!

I think it's a great idea your dad is doing the first half. He can always jump in and run a few miles here and there with you on the second half if he wants.

Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to read your report.