Saturday, November 15, 2008

So I'm running a marathon in 8 days...

I'm not sure it makes sense to start this blog 8 days before the marathon.... This will be my first marathon and I have never run this much in my life!! Previously I had a few 3 milers here and there, I ride my bike to work every day... but the last 14 weeks have been a roller coaster of pain and exhilaration in equal amounts! I got so tangled up in this running that I encouraged my dad to join me! He's 51, amazing and planning on running the 2nd half of Philly with me because he doesn't care about the official finish (even though he's registered for the half!) My mother who is equally amazing is coming down with my dad from Boston this friday with her contribution to training... FOOD!  I don't have much running scheduled this week, just 3 days of work, 2 runs, 2 days of class and 1 big family dinner before 26.2!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Hi Kristen! Thanks for stopping by!

Do you run around Kelly Drive for your long runs? That's where we do ours. Maybe we passed each other at one point.

There are a ton of bloggers out there running Philly next weekend. You can find a lot of them on my page, you should check them out too! It's always fun to read other people doing the same race.

God luck next weekend. Can't wait to read the race report.

Denise said...

Welcome to blogging. I'm totally addicted and love all the runners I've met through doing this!

I run w/ a local running club if you're ever interested. So nice to have a group of crazy people to run with!