Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Two Days Off


Well It seems the magical spot that I originally had this x-ray taken in the fall for is acting up again!! I think its a terrible shin split.... 3/4 the way up inside left calf. BOO. It goes away after I start running, but it hurts walking around now. Im on my hardcore RICE plan- with I standing for ibuprofen and ice! 
That said Monday I ran 4 miles, stupid shin hurt the whole way and yesterday I ran 1 mile on the elliptical. It was the best elliptical ever I actually felt like I was running with ZERO pounding. It was a startrac brand? 
Anyways I did my lifting thing as well and have decided no running till next week. Just some elliptical and weights with a whole day-o-rest today and tomorrow! Fortunately its cold out. However city sports had a sale and I got some snazy cold gear underarmour tights to be able to run outside in comfort. I love spandex!  I suppose doing the elliptical only this week as fine and I had planned for a "kick back week" since I have been increasing my weekly milage pretty steady. Funny how I plan safe ways to go about doing this... with built in rest and kick backs and my stupid shin still kills!

5 comments:

Run Mommy said...

That is a cool picture! X- rays are really neat to look at don't you think? Keep up the RICE

N.D. said...

AWw good luck - that stinks! rest up!

Laurel said...

Elliptical is great for those days you need to take it easy.

I just bought J some Under Armour tights for Christmas. Those things are so damn expensive! Maybe now that they are on sale, I can get a pair for myself.

Hope the shin heals up soon.

montisse98 said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. :)

prashant said...

Elliptical is great for those days you need to take it easy.
home based data entry